Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Juliet Naked by Nick Hornby

Ok, I’m taking a ditto on this one. When I checked on this blog a week or two ago I saw that Janie had just posted the book I was about to finish. But, I am going to say it still counts for me, and put my two cents in here for what it’s worth.

I am a big fan of Nick Hornby, and I think I’ve read all of his other books by now. I even read One Day earlier this summer because people compared him to Nick Hornby. Yes, I will try to get a life.

Since Janie gave a summary already, I’ll be brief. I enjoyed this book, though I will say it wasn’t one of his best. I always read them for the charming characters and their smart and funny repartee. That was all here, but something about it seemed unfinished. When I read the last page it was so abrupt that I turned it over expecting more. So, while I enjoyed it as I was reading it, I’m still trying to figure out if it was worth all of the abuse I took from my daughters who could not stop giggling about the hilarious name of the book Mommy was reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment